Next Generation Power Wheelchair Lift
Swing-away option available! Please confirm with your car’s compatibility with your Harmar dealer
Compact, durable, and ready to help you go where you want, when you want! Complete with an automatic securement feature (the padded hold-down bar) the AL580 and AL580XL are designed to safely and securely transport virtually any mid-wheel drive powerchair.
- Each with a lifting capacity of 350 lb, the AL580 is optimal for mid-wheel drive powerchairs with 10” drive wheels, while the AL580XL offers more room for mid-wheel powerchairs with 14” drive wheels.
- Compatible with minivans, SUVs, trucks, and vans.
- This lift series is complete with fully powered lifting and folding.
Assembled in the USA
Dealers in all 50 States
and key lock
- Padded hold-down arm conveniently secures power wheelchairs
- No power wheelchair modifications required
- Lift folds automatically when unoccupied
- No straps or tie-downs required
- License plate mount included
- Swing-away option available
Lifting Capacity350 lb
AccommodatesMid-wheel drive power wheel¬chairs with 14" drive wheels
Installed Weight63 lb
Platform Size17.5" x 27"
Hitch ClassII or greater
IncludedAL107 hitch post
AL123 class III hitch adapter
License plate mount
SecurementPadded hold-down arm
Available Option(s)Battery pack
License plate riser
Available Documents & Literature
Check Vehicle Compatibility
Select your vehicle's year, make and model.
Get assistance from your local knowledgeable
Consultations are available over the phone, online, or in person.
“I can’t believe how easy my AL580 is so easy to use – I didn’t believe it would be so helpful at first, but our dealer was fantastic in teaching me how to use it and we feel very confident when traveling together.”
“We needed a lift big and strong enough to help us transport our daughter’s powerchair, so when we were recommended the AL580XL, we were ecstatic! We now travel with her chair worry-free.”
Factors to Consider before Making a Decision
While hitch-mounted lifts require little-to-no work while operating the lift, there are certain steps that must be completed in order to ensure your mobility device is secured for travel.
- Walking from the front to the rear of the vehicle and back again
- Standing up to three minutes while the lift operates
- Steer or push the mobility device on/off the platform
- Fold down the seat back of the mobility device or scooter tiller until it is in its most compact position
- Insert the key and rotate it 90 degrees to turn on and activate the lift
- Apply pressure to hold the up/down toggle switch while the lift operates
- For Retractors: Connect the hook to location on mobility device and pull strap end or turn knob to increase tension (single and dual-hand retractors available)