Exterior Hitch-mount Platform Lift
Swing-away option available! Please confirm your car’s compatibility with your Harmar dealer
Need a little more power to lift your mobility scooter? Check out the AL100-DE! Designed with a dual-entry platform, this hitch-mounted lift is a great solution to help you easily transport nearly any three and four-wheel scooter. Secure your mobility device hands-free with the automatic scooter hold-down foot and hit the road.
- The AL100-DE is optimal for virtually any small and mid-size scooters weighing up to 350 lb.
- Compatible with a variety of SUVs, trucks, vans, and minivans.
- This lift series is complete with full powered lifting and folding capabilities.
Assembled in the USA
Dealers in all 50 States
- Carries virtually all three and four-wheel scooters
- Automatic hold-down foot
- No scooter modifications required
- Guide rail to keep the scooter's third wheel centered when entering/exiting the platform and positions four-wheel scooters in the exact location for easy, consistent loading and unloading
- Lifting Capacity350 lb
- Installed weight83 lb
- Platform Size28.6" x 56.7"
- Hitch ClassII or greater
- PoweredFully powered
- IncludedLicense plate mount
- SecurementHold-down foot Wheel chocks
- Available Option(s)Battery pack
License plate riser
Retractable strap kit
No Accessories Available.
Check Vehicle Compatibility
Select your vehicle's year, make and model.
Get assistance from your local knowledgeable
Consultations are available over the phone, online, or in person.
“I just wanted something simple for my scooter and I was elated to find this AL100-DE. It’s easy to load my scooter and unload it from the platform. Love it.”
“My dad wasn’t thrilled when he needed to purchase a scooter for himself, but when we were introduced to the benefits of Harmar’s AL100-DE, he was relieved to have such an easy solution to bring his scooter everywhere with him. That, and he can still store his fishing supplies in his trunk.”
Factors to Consider before Making a Decision
While hitch-mounted lifts require little-to-no work while operating the lift, there are certain steps that must be completed in order to ensure your mobility device is secured for travel.
- Walking from the front to the rear of the vehicle and back again
- Standing up to three minutes while the lift operates
- Steer or push the mobility device on/off the platform
- Fold down the seat back of the mobility device or scooter tiller until it is in its most compact position
- Insert the key and rotate it 90 degrees to turn on and activate the lift
- Apply pressure to hold the up/down toggle switch while the lift operates
- For Retractors: Connect the hook to location on mobility device and pull strap end or turn knob to increase tension (single and dual-hand retractors available)