Universal Power Chair Lift
Swing-away option available! Please confirm with your car’s compatibility with your Harmar dealer
Do you need more power to transport your mobility device? The AL500 and AL500HD are designed to carry virtually all powerchairs without any modifications to your chair during travel.
- Optimal for virtually any powerchair up to 350 lb or 400 lb (for HD).
- Compatible with minivans, SUVs, trucks, and vans.
- This lift series is complete with fully powered lifting and folding.
Assembled in the USA
Dealers in all 50 States
- Carries virtually all power chairs
- 4 – Self-tensioning, Q’Straint retractors
- Stars -N- Stripes Aluminum Deck
- No power chair modifications
- Manual back-up
- License plate mount
- Swing-Away option available
- Lifting capacity350 lb
- AccommodatesPower wheelchairs
- Installed weight75 lb
- Platform Size26" x 39"
- Hitch ClassII or greater
- PoweredFully powered
- IncludedAL107 hitch post
AL123 class III hitch adapter
License plate mount
- Securement4 self-tensioning Q'Straint retractors
- Available Option(s)Battery pack
License plate riser
Available Documents & Literature
Check Vehicle Compatibility
Select your vehicle's year, make and model.
Get assistance from your local knowledgeable
Consultations are available over the phone, online, or in person.
“I am a caretaker for my father and this lift made it possible for me to take him to go out to eat and meet with friends and family. He now feels a sense of freedom and enjoys trips big and small.”
“My niece spends every summer with us, so we invested in the AL500HD so we can take her on trips to the theme parks and beaches. She loves the adventure and the freedom!”
Factors to Consider before Making a Decision
While hitch-mounted lifts require little-to-no work while operating the lift, there are certain steps that must be completed in order to ensure your mobility device is secured for travel.
- Walking from the front to the rear of the vehicle and back again
- Standing up to three minutes while the lift operates
- Steer or push the mobility device on/off the platform
- Fold down the seat back of the mobility device or scooter tiller until it is in its most compact position
- Insert the key and rotate it 90 degrees to turn on and activate the lift
- Apply pressure to hold the up/down toggle switch while the lift operates
- For Retractors: Connect the hook to location on mobility device and pull strap end or turn knob to increase tension (single and dual-hand retractors available)