High Capacity Lift for Large Mid-Wheel Power Chairs
Swing away option available! Please confirm with your car’s compatibility with your Harmar dealer
Need a little more power to lift your heavier mid-wheel powerchair? Harmar has you covered. Our AL580-HDX is designed to transport nearly any heavy mid-wheel powerchairs with wheel sizes ranging from 10” to 14”!
- The AL580-HDX is optimal for virtually any of the larger mid-wheel powerchairs up to 450 lb.
- Compatible with a variety of SUVs, trucks, and crossovers.
- This lift series is complete with full powered lifting and folding capabilities.
Assembled in the USA
Dealers in all 50 States
secure your mobility
device in place.
is engineered to prevent
road debris from damaging
the underside of your
and prevent damage
- 4-Q'Straint Retractors plus Padded Hold-Down Arm secure Power Chair
- 27" (68.6 cm) wide usable space
- Supports Heavy Mid-Wheel Power Chairs
- Lifting Capacity450 lb
- AccommodatesMid-wheel drive power wheelchairs with 10" - 14" drive wheels
- Installed Weight92 lb
- Platform Size27" wide usable
- Hitch ClassIII or greater
- SecurementPadded hold-down arm
Wheel cradle 4 Q'Straint retractors
- Available Option(s)Battery pack
License plate riser
Available Documents & Literature
Check Vehicle Compatibility
Select your vehicle's year, make and model.
Get assistance from your local knowledgeable
Consultations are available over the phone, online, or in person.
“The AL580-HDX allows me to take my custom powerchair basically anywhere without sacrificing my cargo space. Love its ease of use.”
“As a caregiver for my aunt, I can’t be happier with my AL580-HDX! It’s practically perfect for my aunt’s powerchair and she loves that she doesn’t have to worry about needing assistance at her doctor’s appointments.”
Factors to Consider before Making a Decision
While hitch-mounted lifts require little-to-no work while operating the lift, there are certain steps that must be completed in order to ensure your mobility device is secured for travel.
- Walking from the front to the rear of the vehicle and back again
- Standing up to three minutes while the lift operates
- Steer or push the mobility device on/off the platform
- Fold down the seat back of the mobility device or scooter tiller until it is in its most compact position
- Insert the key and rotate it 90 degrees to turn on and activate the lift
- Apply pressure to hold the up/down toggle switch while the lift operates
- For Retractors: Connect the hook to location on mobility device and pull strap end or turn knob to increase tension (single and dual-hand retractors available)