Side Door Hybrid Platform Lift
Maybe you’d rather transport your powerchair or shorter scooter towards the middle of your van – Harmar has the lift for you. The AL690 was designed to provide convenient side-loading into your van’s second-row seating, leaving your third-row seating and cargo area free and full access to your vehicle’s backup camera!
- The AL690 is optimal for virtually all powerchairs and scooters up to 275 lb
- Compatible with most minivans and vans.
- This lift offers transportation for your mobility device inside your vehicle’s seating area, securing the powerchair or scooter with manual straps.
Assembled in the USA
Dealers in all 50 States
- Carries most standard power chairs and shorter scooters
- Weatherproof, remote hand control (wireless option available)
- No drilling required in most vehicles; connects to existing 2nd row seat hardware
- No powerchair or scooter modifications required
- Third row seat spared in most applications
- Delivers powerchair or scooter close to driver or passenger door
- Works with most minivans and SUVs
Lifting Capacity275 lb
AccommodatesPower wheelchairs, Manual Wheelchairs, Scooters
Installed Weight186 lb
Platform Size21.5" to 29”
Available Option(s)Battery pack
Available Documents & Literature
Check Vehicle Compatibility
Select your vehicle's year, make and model.
Get assistance from your local knowledgeable
Consultations are available over the phone, online, or in person.
“My AL690 is amazing! My son’s scooter drives onto the platform easily and I always feel confident commuting with it – especially since I can use my backup camera on my van!”
“My wife loves this lift option. It’s easy to use and we can still access our trunk – so problem!”
Factors to Consider before Making a Decision
While hybrid lifts require little-to-no work while operating the lift, there are certain steps that must be completed in order to ensure your mobility device is secured for travel.
- Walking from the front to the rear of the vehicle and back again
- Standing up to three minutes while the lift operates
- Steer or push the mobility device on/off the platform
- Fold down the seat back of the mobility device or scooter tiller until it is in its most compact position
- Apply pressure to hold down a button on the handheld control while the lift operates
- Tie-Down Straps: Connect the hook to location on mobility device and pull strap end to increase tension (self-retracting strap upgrades are available)